In the Month of Lovers: How to love and care for your wardrobe
At Jeeves, we love our clothes and of course, we also love our customers clothing. Caring for our client's beloved apparel is what we do, and we always relish being able to bring fine garments back to their best.
Although we always love to see you, we also want to make sure you are taking the best possible care of your clothing at home. There are a few simple things you can do yourself to ensure you get the most out of your garments. Here are our 5 tips for taking care of your treasured wardrobe pieces.
- Dust Covers: Using dust covers is a great way to keep your clothes clean and fresh. These are especially useful for when you have a treasured piece that is rarely worn, but you cannot bear to be without. Dust covers are also a worthy investment for garments that you are storing on an open clothes rail.
- Transporting Apparel: If you travel a lot and looking your best is a top priority the last thing you want to do is squash your treasured suit or delicately embellished dress into a suitcase. Therefore it’s definitely worth investing in a high-end suit carrier, so you can ensure your clothes stay folded smartly and are stored in a fashion that befits your style.
- Use Draw Fresheners and Fabric Fresheners: Using draw fresheners is a great way to keep your wardrobe renewed, especially for garments that don’t see the light of day too often. Also, using fabric fresheners in between visits to your local Jeeves store can help some delicate and dry clean only apparel fresh. Always check the label first before using any garment freshening product, and if in doubt, you can always contact your local Jeeves branch.
- Lint Rollers: Some garments just seem to attract all sorts of dust, hair and dirt. Certain coats seem to do this a lot and it’s just not practical to be visiting the dry cleaner after each time they have been worn. Keeping a lint roller at home is something we always recommend to keep frustrating hair and bits of dirt away from your garments at all times.
- Garment Storage and Hanging: It’s so easy to misshapen certain garments and materials, and all too often we see garments that have been stored incorrectly turn up at our stores. If you have a heavy garment it’s always worth investing in some durable, large hangers to ensure they are always hung with the weight distributed evenly, so that the shoulders and arms don’t go out of shape. Also, if you are washing certain garments at home between visits to Jeeves, hanging them to dry on hangers will help to keep their shape. If you’re short on space, like many of our London clientele are, swopping around your seasonal wear becomes a bit of a ritual. However, we often find that at that clothes are mistreated at those times of the year. As mentioned previously in this article, when storing clothes you should hang them away somewhere dry and where possible use dust covers. If you’re short on space you can always use our garment storage solutions here at Jeeves. Visit http://www.jeevesofbelgravia.co.uk/our-services/garment-storage/ for more information.
Following these tips will ensure your fine garments get the care such apparel requires. Should you ever be in doubt, our experienced team are always on hand to offer advice and a range of other services. Visit http://www.jeevesofbelgravia.co.uk/our-services/ to find out more about what we can do for you.